Planning is one of the most important elements of successfully obtaining a medical license in any state. Physicians and other healthcare professionals know firsthand the importance of being prepared for any situation, and MLG helps our clients achieve this when it comes to the medical licensure process. Simply put, some states are more difficult than others to obtain medical licenses in. Over the years, we have developed an intimate understanding of the nuances of each state’s medical licensure process, and we apply this knowledge toward helping our clients.
Common Difficulties in Obtaining Medical Licensure
We have found that there are often common themes in states where it can be challenging to obtain a medical license. For example, we know which states tend to deviate from their posted timelines, routinely ask for further information beyond what is required in the application, impose additional exam requirements or fail to communicate effectively with applicants. Anticipating these sticking points makes a significant difference in the smoothness of the application process. No matter which state you need to obtain a medical license in, our licensing specialists have helped other clients and can walk you through every phase of the process.
Top Ten Most Difficult States to Get a Medical License In
After polling our team of experienced licensing specialists, we developed a list of the top ten states known for having difficult medical licensure processes:
- Nevada – complex documentation requirements and poor communication with applicants
- Texas – lengthy timelines, complex documentation requirements and additional exam requirements for licensure
- California – lengthy timelines and complex documentation requirements, particularly for international medical graduates
- Illinois – lengthy timelines, poor communication and complex documentation requirements, particularly for international medical graduates
- Massachusetts – lengthy timelines, poor communication and complex documentation requirements
- Delaware – lengthy timelines and complex documentation requirements
- Missouri – lengthy timelines and complex documentation requirements
- Wisconsin – lengthy timelines and complex documentation requirements
- Pennsylvania – lengthy timelines, unique documentation requirements for Continuing Medical Education credits and poor communication
- Maine – poor communication, complex documentation requirements and additional exam requirements for licensure
How We Make the Medical Licensing Process Easier
When navigating certain states’ arduous medical licensing processes, compiling an accurate, complete and timely application makes a difference. Omitting required information can lead to significant delays, and missing application deadlines can void your application. As our client, you will be assigned to one of our dedicated licensing specialists who will expertly compile your application from start to finish. Your application will be submitted after your review and approval, and your licensing specialist will quickly field any questions from the medical board. Our goal is to keep your role in the process to a minimum. We even offer an accelerated program whereby we prepare and ship your professional prepared medical license application and credentials verification requests within 24 hours. When days count, this is the fastest way to obtain your medical license.
Hand Off Your Licensing Project in Minutes
Beginning the medical licensing process with MLG is easy and can be done in minutes. Simply complete our online intake form to provide your dedicated licensing specialist with the information needed to ensure your eligibility and work on compiling your application. Next, your professionally prepared application will be shipped for your review. After you finalize the paperwork and ship it back to us for one last review, we will submit it to the medical board for processing.
Avoid the hassles set forth by certain state medical licensing processes by calling us today at 850.433.4600.